1440 Timberwolf Drive
PO Box 964
Holland, OH 43528-0964 USA
Find the latest white papers, technical articles or flyers by accessing this library.
PTI’s PreTemp® device is a versatile and easy-to-use handheld instrument for measuring interior preform temperatures. It features single-button operation and has a built-in display for quick reference. Powerful user-friendly software to log and analyze data is also included.
The probe utilizes an array of precision non-contact infrared temperatures sensors which provide detailed temperature information to the operator. The PreTemp™ device can be used to measure and record up to 16 data points simultaneously.
The PreTemp® device can be used with or without a computer. Plug the device into a standard wall outlet for maximum portability.
- Simple one-button operation
- Measures inside temperatures of preforms
- Color bar provides visual feedback of profile
- Utilizes 16 precision non-contact sensors
- Height adjustment plate and centering puck provides consistent results
- Processing aid
- Quantify and document heating process
- Assist in setting correct temperature profiles
- Resolving common setup problems
- Temperature verification for resin and color changes
- Troubleshooting of heat related issues
|Number of sensors||16 on 10 mm spacing|
|Minimum preform ID||12.55 mm|
|Units||Fahrenheit or Celsius|
|Emissivity||0.1–1.0 (0.92 default)|
|Sensing range||-70–380 °C|
|Repeatability||0–60 °C: ±0.5 °C
60–120 °C: ±1 °C
120–180 °C: ±2 °C
|Operating environment||-40–85 °C|
|Ingress protection rating||IP40|
|Power||Standard USB port OR 5 VDC power (included)
Plugs into standard wall outlet for maximum portability