1440 Timberwolf Drive
PO Box 964
Holland, OH 43528-0964 USA
Find the latest white papers, technical articles or flyers by accessing this library.
Simulation + modeling
We know that managing project time and budget are critical aspects of your commercialization timeline.
PTI's Virtual Prototyping modules can design a preform for your container and take it on a virtual trip through a blow molding machine.
The output of this program is the material thickness and orientation created in the blow molding process, which is a critical input for FEA models of performance criteria.
If you purchase preforms, the Virtual Prototyping software will select the best preform design from all possible configurations. You can virtually reheat and blow mold each preform design to test each style even before fabricating a single part. This results in substantial savings in pre-production cost and accelerates time to market.
Plastic Technologies, Inc. (PTI) has invested its resources in making sure that it uses state-of-the-art technologies and software to help test and refine your concept or product design. Our extensive materials knowledge and proprietary databases are the key to ensuring accurate performance predictions. We’ll make sure your package or part is production ready and meets or exceeds performance objectives.
PTI enhances your relationship with everyone involved in the supply chain, by providing virtual prototyping, process simulation, barrier performance modeling and analysis.
We complement your project team—including designers, concept test facility and/or test marketing group. To learn more download the brochure virtual modeling and design engineering
Here are examples of how we work.
- Tell us your idea. We’ll create a concept drawing.
- Show us your napkin sketch. We’ll turn it into a 3D rapid prototype.
- Transfer your CAD data. We’ll give you a focus-group ready package.
- Share your concept. You’ll get a concept drawing back.
- Provide us a concept drawing. We’ll produce a 3D rapid prototype.
- Give us your existing CAD data. You’ll get a test-market ready model.
- Show us your prototype. We’ll create a production part.
- Provide your concept design. We’ll give you back mold specifications.
- Give us your production design. We’ll help insure production success.
With 30 years of collaboration experience under our belt, PTI is your ideal Concept to Commercialization partner.